Visiting Geriatric Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner
Local North Carolina position in Asheville area for a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner. Leave the long days tied up in the same office and enjoy a break from the routine. The territory for travel to facilities (not homes) in western North Caroline's smaller towns within easy reach. Visit Assisted Living Facilities on a rotating schedule. Administration time given each week. Great company and chance to love your job.
About the Geriatric Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner opportunity
- North Carolina based company with decades of experience in Geriatric Medicine and strong relationships across the state
- Patient visits each day depends on the Facility and season. Busy days would be 25 patients each day.
- Travel with a Scribe each day that helps with EMR, documentation, lab and diagnostic follow ups.
- Build relationships with your patients over time and make huge impacts on disease prevention and health promotion
- EMR is INSYNC
- Manage acute visits- URI, UTI, Headache and chronic diseases like Hypertension, CHF, COPD, Asthma
- Supervising Physician an easy phone call and available
Requirements of the Assistant / Nurse Practitioner opportunity
- Master’s Degree completed with Primary Care focus during training
- North Carolina State Medical License
- Must have focus on Geriatric Medicine during career or clinical training, CME, conferences, and volunteer work
- 2-3 years of experience, no new graduates since this role is solo Provider
- Interest in daily travel and comfort with Wilmington and surrounds
- Enjoy working autonomously, independent and task driven
- Great communicator with patients, families, and ALF leadership and team
- Strong computer and EMR experience for documenting daily progress notes
Perks of the Assistant / Nurse Practitioner opportunity
- Base salary is $115,00-120,000 depending on experience in Geriatric Medicine
- Administration day each week
- Car allowance each month to cover gas and expenses
- Medical insurance coverage
- CME stipend of $1,200
- Malpractice with tail coverage
- Scribe to help with Patient visits and follow ups
- PTO is 2 weeks
Perfect job for an experienced PA or NP that loves the geriatric population, enjoys a flexible schedule, and thrives in a role that requires building strong relationships.
For more information about this PA or NP opportunity, contact Lynda Gregg, 904-452-4499, Lynda@linkPAs.com