Orthopedic Physician Assistant
Orthopedic Physician Assistant opportunity in beautiful Shenandoah Valley area just west of Charlottesville. Combination of OR first assisting and office patient management. Perfect sized General Orthopedic practice with incredible team makes this opportunity a must consider. Orthopedic experience required.
About the Orthopedic Physician Assistant opportunity
- Full time opportunity but no evenings or weekends
- Monday is OR day – Total Joints, Knee, Spine (2-5 cases a day)- easy pace, Cases are finished in early afternoon, so day ends early and no requirement to go to office.
- Clinic Day- 14-22 patients depending on new consults or established follow ups
- Office patient management for fracture care, joint injections, casting, splinting, post op follow ups and pre op evaluations
- Rounds at hospital on office days several times a week
- Practice has Osteoporosis Clinic led by PA once a week
- Joint injection experience is greatly appreciated
- No trauma call
- Phone call is minimal
- Office hours are 8-5 Monday-Friday
- ASC at office location and local hospital privileges for cases
- No training due to busy OR schedule for lead Physician- must be ready to go
- Pain Medicine Physician on staff to help with best possible patient care
Requirements of the Physician Assistant Orthopedic opportunity
- Completed Master’s Level PA Program with Orthopedic emphasis
- Board Certification
- Interest in both OR time and office patient management
- Virginia State Medical License
- Over one year of General Orthopedic experience
- Surgical experience including suturing proficiency.
- Proven interest in musculoskeletal disease and treatment
Perks of the Physician Assistant Orthopedic opportunity
- Base salary is $120,000-135,000 depending on salary
- Productivity bonus tied to revenue- great potential
- 401K Retirement after first year
- PTO -4 weeks
- CME- 1 week with $2500 stipend
- Health insurance stipend offered
This Orthopedic Practice values their PAs. You will not feel like an eternal resident. Hours are reasonable and there is tons of time for hiking, skiing, and outdoor sports at the Blue Ridge Mountains. Ski resort is easy 30 minutes from practice. If you enjoy space and expansive mountain views, this is the place to settle and stay. Too many golf courses to count. College town feel with affordable houses and great, great school system.
For more information about this opportunity, contact Lynda Gregg, 904-452-4499, Lynda@linkPAs.com