Orthopaedic Physician Assistant
Experienced Orthopedic Physician Assistant opportunity in sunny Florida. Join a practice in a small coastal town positioned between Tampa and Sarasota. Enjoy the balance of OR first assisting and clinic patient management. Company culture is to create an exceptional patient experience. Patient reviews show they are.
About the Physician Assistant Orthopedic opportunity
· Enjoy the variety of splitting time between OR and seeing patients in the office setting during your week. About a 50:50 split.
· Expanding practice is adding new PA to join two new Surgeons, one with total joint replacement focus and the other in Spine Surgery.
· Time is divided between both Surgeons until they build their patient volume
· Hospital rounds each morning at 7am in a rotational call schedule
· Office hours are 8am-5pm Monday-Friday
· Office splinting, casting, fracture reduction and dislocation, trigger and joint injections, fluoroscopy guided injections
· Order and interpret labs and diagnostic tests
· Pre OR history and physicals and patient follow up visits
· MRI, X-ray, and Physical Therapy all in house
· Call shared and works out to be 1 in every 10 weeks. Call involves weekend rounds.
· New state of the art building to house Administration, patient exam rooms, and PT is in progress.
Requirements of the Orthopedic Physician Assistant opportunity
· Over 1 year of Operating room and Clinic Orthopedic experience or graduate of an Orthopedic PA Residency- need to be able to see patients and succeed in the OR without training: hit the ground running on day one
· Florida State License and DEA
· Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment and understand that many days go long
· Reside in close proximity to Hospitals for call coverage
· Proven Interest in musculoskeletal anatomy and physiology during training, continued education, conferences, and work experience
· Procedural leaning
· Work well as a team, help colleagues when patient visits are not equal
Perks of the Orthopedic Physician Assistant opportunity
· Competitive base salary based on experience with added call bonus incorporated
· Opportunity for incentive bonus up to $25,000 annual
· Physician group and staff are huge proponents for the PAs on the team.
· Benefit package includes malpractice, health insurance, retirement plan, and CME stipend.
· Practice locations are just minutes from the beach. Live in a waterfront town with piers, a beach walk, and marinas with boat slips full all year long. The January typical day temperature is 72 degrees so even putting your toes in the “sugar-sand” is possible anytime. Enjoy the best seafood, boating, kayaking, paddle boarding or take an easy drive to Disney world for a day with the family. Airports are close so visitors with come.
For more details about this job, contact Lynda Gregg 904-452-4499, Lynda@linkPAs.com