OB/GYN Position: The Great Lakes Region of Northern Michigan:
This beautiful area lies on Lake Superior which is the largest freshwater lake by surface in the world. The city of Marquette is not far away from this Upper Peninsula cluster of clinics. The area boasts kayaking, surfing, swimming and great boating activities in the summer, beautiful Indian Summers, and winters filled with snowshoeing, skating snowmobiling, skiing, and ice fishing. If you love being one with nature, this is a magnificent part of the country! The fishing includes trout and salmon on the big lake, walleye, bass, northern pike, and perch from inland lakes. Michigan is the #1 producer of cherries in the U.S. as well as asparagus. It also produces more Riesling varieties than any other state. There are over 140 wineries. Blueberries, cranberries, apples, peaches, and tomatoes are also large crops farmed in this extraordinary part of Michigan.
The Clinics: The clinics are private, not for profit clinics to provide quality healthcare for all the people in the Upper Great Lakes Region. The health center has grown to include multiple clinics and serves over 25,000 patients per year.
Description of OB/GYN Duties and Responsibilities:
- Practice is 85% outpatient.
- No high-risk deliveries.
- 3-5 C sections per month.
- 10+ on call days per month (reduced clinic day schedule if overnight births)
- Onsite with hospital – ER- Ambulance, outpatient, and inpatient services.
- Once a month scheduled Surgery day, more available if needed.
- Birthing Suite has operating room.
- Birthing suite is one floor away.
- Patient volume: 16 patients per day
- Ages seen: Adults
- EMR: Eclinical works (Clinic), Meditech (hospital)
- Credentialing Timeframe: 1-2 week
- BC/BE: OB/GYN Residency Trained.
- NRP, BLS, DEA
- Licensed in MI
- Medicare/Medicaid/Payor enrollment required before starting September, 2020.
For more information, please contact lynda gregg (904) 452-4499 / email@example.com